Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Fall To-Do List: The End

I guess that technically it's still fall, but it snowed about a week ago and in my opinion, that means fall is over. Hello winter!

....hello...bitter cold.  (Sad face)

A couple months ago I made a list of things that I wanted to accomplish before winter struck. (click) I didn't do all of the things that I had planned, but I did some. And by some I mean 40%. That's an F. 

I'm going to get better at this. In the meantime, here's the to-do list:

o n e. Make caramel apples [NOMNOM]
t w o. Finish Rusty's bedroom
t h r e e. Downsize my wardrobe CHECK
f o u r. Jazz up my wall space CHECK (click)
f i v e. Carve a pumpkin CHECK
s i x. Blog at least twice a week
s e v e n. Work out at least four times a week
e i g h t. Give blog a makeover CHECK
n i n e. Get maternity pics taken
t e n. Find the best chili recipe ever 


1.
I'm very disappointed that I didn't get around to make caramel apples this season. I'd like to say that I can make them any time of the year, but they just aren't the same unless they're eaten in the fall. 

2.
I really thought that I'd be fully prepared for the birth of my child at this point. Is it bad that his room isn't organized and I'm a week away from being full-term? Luckily, next week is my last week of work, so i'll have a ton more extra time to prepare. 

3.
It's unfortunate that as soon as I downsize my wardrobe... I manage to upsize it as well. 

4.
I had a fun pumpkin carving adventure with my husband and our friends Taylor and Kate. We carved pumpkins, ate a giant cookie with ice-cream and watched a movie. It was a great time. 

5.
I can't think of things to blog about twice a week. How do people think of such creative and interesting things to blog about. I need to educate myself in politics or post my opinion about some controversial issue. 

6.
Expecting myself to find the energy to workout 4 times a week and also work 30 hours a week was a very bad and unattainable expectation... for me at least. I am a laid back person and I can't function without my down time. 

7.
So I gave my blog a makeover and I'm still not satisfied. 

8.
I have yet to get maternity pictures taken and honestly don't see myself getting any. Maybe with my next baby. I've got my selfies as documentation. 

9.
I wanted to start my own tradition of eating chili every year for halloween. (I know, everyone does that) I found this fancy recipe. It was elaborate and took a lot of time. PLUS, it contained beer, so I actually had to go to the store and PURCHASE beer. It felt very weird. I specifically told the lady at the check-out that I was buying it strictly for a recipe. I didn't want her to think I was a pregnant lady who drank alcohol, or that I was a person who drank... pregnant or not. It was one of those funny experiences where you just had to be there to appreciate it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

McKenzie Renae Arnold