Friday, October 31, 2014

Bump Update: 32 Weeks

32 weeks - WOOP WOOP




This week feels like a turning point for me because it was this week, week 32, that my brothers wife gave birth to the beautiful Kobie Lyn about a month or so ago.  Sure, Kobie was an exception, being born a lot earlier than anyone would hope. (She's doing fabulously by the way)

To think that Rusty could enter into the world right now safely and healthily is a strange thought for me! I am SO excited and SO scared.


All of Rusty's vital development is pretty much complete. Now it's just about growing and putting on some weight. And obviously his brains, bones and lungs are doing some last minute development and preparing for the world outside my belly.


Surprisingly, it wasn't until this week that I noticed hiccuping for the first time. It is the sweetest thing to feel Rusty's little body jump with each hiccup. Overall, his movements have become a lot less jerky and more smooth. They feel like rolls, stretches and bumps.


I've had a rough time this week with feeling like my body is falling apart. I have numerous spider veins on my thighs and I noticed my first varicose vein in my knee the other day. I'm only 21!! varicose veins?! REALLY?! I guess that's what I get for being on my feet so much. I wish I could cut back on my hours at work.


Sometimes it's really hard to look at myself without clothes on because all I can see are stretch marks. Luckily, I've got no stretch marks on my stomach...for now. Im crossing my fingers that it stays that way. I do smother myself in lotion when I'm done showering just to be safe.


Also, I never knew pregnancy could do such strange things to a woman's nipples. (Sorry, I just had to say it)


To top it all off, I am exhausted. I have never felt more useless..ever. I thought I was tired before, but no. Now I'm tired. Even my four-hour shifts at work are difficult for me. 




On the bright side there's only 56 days left until my due date! I am so close to meeting my little Rusty!



What Fruit/Veggie are you? I'm a SQUASH.
Due date:  December 26, 2014.
How far along: 32 weeks!
Next appointment: November 11th at 9am. Wow, It's almost November.
Gender:  It's a boy! 
Total weight gain/loss: Gain- 25lbs. 
Exercise:  I've been working out at the gym, doing the elliptical and trying to strengthen my arms with weights. If I don't feel like going to the gym, I at least walk. 
Stretch marks: Are horrible..
Swelling: Hands and feet.
Maternity clothes: I like them. :)
Belly button: Outie
Sleep: It's hard to sleep at night, which makes for lots of naps. But then again, even if I get a somewhat satisfying nights sleep, I'm still tired all day long. 
Food cravings: Icecream. Other than that I haven't had much of an appetite. 
Symptoms: I've been especially tired this week. Shooting pains in my pelvic region. I'm also starting to get shooting pains in my legs too..and fogginess in my brain--Lots of fogginess. 
Movement: He's a wiggly boy. I love it.
Labor signs: Nope
What I miss: Being able to run and REALLY push myself at the gym.
What I'm loving: It's almost time!
What I'm looking forward to: Seeing what he looks like.
Best moment this week: Reassurance at my appointment that everything is going perfectly

No comments:

Post a Comment

McKenzie Renae Arnold