Monday, July 14, 2014

What pregnancy really means

I always knew the day would come that I'd be rocking that adorable baby bump. While I didn't know it would be much sooner than I had intended, I also didn't know the reality of it. But honestly nobody does until they experience it. Basically every girl goes through pregnancy at least once in her life and I know that for many women their pregnancy is much more difficult than mine. That's why I really can't do much complaining or feel sorry for myself, because I'm just another pregnant girl.

It's funny that somehow I thought pregnancy would be fun, when the truth is that I wake up each morning wanting to hurl and from week 6 until about week 10 or 11, I was sick all day long. I also have stretch marks on my boobs because they've grown so much. It is the worst thing ever. I always assumed that somehow I'd be the exception to all of these nasty side effects. I can't even imagine what my stomach and boobs will look like after 9 months, or after having the 5 children that I hope to have.

But the worst part of all for me personally, is accepting that no matter how well I eat, my waste line is going to expand and I am going to gain weight. I am going to puff up like a marshmallow from all of the water weight and develop cankles. Plus I'm practically starving all the time, so I want to eat everything. There is more, but I think I've said enough.

I'm assuming that somehow this is Heavenly Father's way of preparing me to be a mom. I am learning that there are many more important things to think about than my appearance and there is so much I need to be doing, so I can't spend time dwelling on how crappy I feel. I'm accepting that I need to stop thinking about ME so much and start thinking about other people, like my husband and my sweet little baby.

This will all be worth it in about 4 1/2 months and I know I will look back and be glad I struggled the way I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment

McKenzie Renae Arnold