Friday, April 10, 2015

Happy Cleansing

The other day I was considering starting some kind of cleanse/detox and as I looked through Pinterest, I stumbled upon an article that mentioned ways to prepare for a cleanse. One part said that a person should spend a couple days prior working themselves up about it. 

I went ahead and gave myself a few days to think about why I wanted to do a cleanse and it absolutely worked. All I've wanted for the past two days was for today to come so I could dig into the goods. Truthfully, I originally told myself that I'd start on Sunday but then I decided that waiting more than 3 days would just be torture and unnecessary. 

I've been obsessively reading into cleansing foods and looking up recipes. I've learned a thing or two.

One of which is that beets are great for cleansing. I'm so excited to give them a try. I've never had them before, but apparently they're some kind of magic. Hopefully they taste better than they look.


Within the last few weeks, somehow my eating habits have gone from consisting of brown rice and eggs, to doughnuts and McDonalds. Everything healthy just sounds... not sugary enough. It's pretty bad. I don't know I got myself into this rut, but I don't like how my body feels. Especially since I am running a half marathon on MAY 9TH! Feeling sluggish does not help me get out the door and train. Hopefully this cleanse will give me more energy so that when May rolls around I'm feeling good and ready to run 13 miles. 

Aside from child birth, this might be the hardest thing I've ever done... until I run my half marathon. Then it'll be the 3rd. Either way, It's sad to say that my level of self-control is somewhere between a 0 and a 1.

I think the last time I tried to do a cleanse it lasted maybe 3 days. Maybe. Admitting that is pretty embarrassing for me. I'll often decide convince myself that It's okay to have just one little treat because I've done so well today, but then one little treat turns into a whole cake and then I just want to throw up. 

And I'm actually being literal. 

Here we go. Wish me luck. Happy Cleansing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

McKenzie Renae Arnold