Sunday, April 12, 2015

Cleansing Pains

Sippin' on my Blueberry Beet Smoothie. Nom nom. 
I told Russell I was doing a cleanse and this was his reaction:
"Momma say whaaat?" Yeah. I know Russell, I know. 

Tomorrow will be day 3 of my 10 day cleanse. I made it 2 days! Hurray! Unfortunately, with great self control comes great suffering, or atleast in my situation that's the case. My head is killing me right now. I also kind of feel like I'm going to hurl. 

Must. Have. Chocolate. Cake.

I'm amazed that I'm having this kind of reaction to cleansing. I'm mad at myself for letting my body become addicted to sugar like it has. I am re-evaluating my eating habits and when this cleanse is over, I'm going to keep my body healthy.

I've had a few people ask me what I'm doing to cleanse. I know most people who do cleanses usually pay for expensive smoothie mixes and what-not. I didn't want to do that. I don't like when I don't know the words that are on an ingredient list. Sometimes I think, "Does this company really want to help me live healthier, or are they tricking me into thinking their products are healthy in order to make money?" While losing weight fast is convenient, is it really healthy? But enough about that. 

I'm cleansing by cutting out dairy, processed sugar, gluten and meat. 

I'm going to share my a bit of my meal plan for today. 

8:45am - I was in a time crunch on my way to church so I had a banana for breakfast and a large glass of water. 

12:30 - Blueberry Beet Smoothie: Handful of frozen blueberries, 2 cooked beet roots, handful of kale,  1/4 c coconut milk, 1/2 c apple juice (organic, not from concentrate, no added sugar), 1 tbsp chia seeds, 1 ice cube. Large glass of water. 

2:00pm - Brown rice cake. Fruit-infused water with lemon, strawberries and mint. 

6:00pm - 2 handfuls of spinach, 1/2 sliced yellow squash, 1/2 sliced zucchini squash sautéed in garlic, paprika and olive oil. 1/2 c brown rice seasoned with garlic and cilantro. Handful of almonds. Large glass of water. 

7:30 - I was having serious sugar cravings so I through 1/2 banana, 1 frozen strawberry, 1/2 c coconut milk, 1 icecube and a tsp of cocoa powder in a blender for a little treat. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

McKenzie Renae Arnold