Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Corde Russell

I was so excited last week when I went to my check-up appointment and they told me that I could finally schedule my 20-week ultrasound appointment! Naturally I picked the earliest day and time, making it Tuesday, August 5th at 10am.

I was so eager to get there this morning that I showed up ridiculously early. I don't know if I've ever felt so impatient in my life. 

Time passed and before I knew it I was in the ultrasound room with my husband and I could see my baby on the screen right in front of me. Almost right away the doctor was able to inform us that it is a boy! Corde and I looked at each other smiling as we both did our own little fist pump action. We were hoping for a boy and we've been calling baby a "him" since the beginning. The doctor went on to show us a close up of each part of his body, explaining what it was while she made sure everything has developed properly so far. It was hard to get a good picture of our baby's face at first because his hands were covering it. The doctor had to shake my belly around a bit to try to get him to move his hands. Corde laughed while he watched it jiggle. After a few good shakes, we finally got a couple decent pictures:




Corde and I feel so blessed that everything is going how it's supposed to. We love our baby boy, Corde Russell Stevenson and can't wait to hold him in our arms.  December 26th can't come soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment

McKenzie Renae Arnold