Sunday, August 14, 2016

Paleo Pumpkin Muffins

I don't know about all of you, but I have been salivating over the thought of pumpkin spice lately. Hey Starbucks, how about you start serving pumpkin spice already? Do I really have to wait a whole month before I can indulge in your sweet pumpkin flavor?

Side note: I noticed that Starbucks is going to start selling pumpkin spice lattes in grocery stores this year. whaaaaaat?

Today I finally cracked and decided to make a pumpkin spice something. I found the most amazing paleo pumpkin muffin recipe. These drool-worthy morsels of goodness will be my breakfast this week.


When I told my husband I was making paleo/gluten free muffins this evening, he asked me, "what does that mean exactly?" I told him that the muffins would have no flour and no sugar. He chuckled and said, "those are the two best things about muffins." I thought about that for a moment and realized he was right.

I have come to like my muffins more like bread then sweet like cupcakes. Most muffins are basically cupcakes without frosting, or atleast that's how I feel. I love eating these because they make my tummy happy and satisfied, and they aren't very sweet.

I ended up sprinkling some of my raw sugar on top, and that, plus the chopped walnuts, were a perfect addition to the soft texture of the muffins.




Paleo/ Gluten-free Pumpkin Muffins 



Recipe:


1 c. Almond Flour


1/2 c. Coconut flour


1t. Baking soda


1 t. Pumpkin pie spice


3 large eggs


3/4 c. Pumpkin puree


3 T. Coconut oil, melted


1 t. Vanilla extract


1/4 c. Honey


1/4 c. Nut of choice (I used walnuts) 



Directions:


1. Preheat oven 350f


2. Combine all dry ingredients


3. Add egg, pumpkin puree, coconut oil, vanilla, and honey. Mix until combined.


4. Spoon into greased muffin tin. (should make 10-11 muffins)


5. Sprinkle chopped nuts over top of muffins.


6. Bake for 20-25 min. or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.


7. Transfer to wire rack to cool.







1 comment:

McKenzie Renae Arnold