Thursday, September 8, 2016

Baby #2

It is still surreal that I have another child growing inside of my body. Corde and I had been attempting to have a baby since December, and that 8 months of trying felt like a lifetime. I know most of you probably won't think that's a very long time considering some couples try for years without success. But I had high expectations because Russell was conceived within two weeks of ending birth control. Plus, I'm a very impatient person.



It has taken all of my strength to hold in the news. I wanted to shout from the rooftops and flood social media as soon as I found out, which was early. Corde and I originally planned to keep this child a secret until 20 weeks, even from our families, but I ended up telling my parents the day after I found out. I had to tell them. I needed my mom to know so that I could complain to her about all of my pregnancy woes, like morning sickness, cramps, doubts, all of it.

Going into this pregnancy has felt a million times more stressful than it did with my first. I don't know if it's because I felt like I had to wait so long and I'm eager to do it all again, or because this time I understand how real it all is.

I have spent a ridiculous amount of time googling miscarriage statistics, signs, you name it. I have felt like somehow it was my due time for things to go wrong since with Russell everything went smoothly. At my first consultation, I asked so many questions and expressed so many concerns that I bet the woman consulting me thought I was crazy. By the end of the appointment, she told me that I should look into doing some meditation and using relaxation techniques to help me stress less. (haha)

Soon after my consultation, I felt some relief that my pregnancy was progressing smoothly when I started getting nausea and food aversions. My morning sickness/nausea has not been as severe as it was with Russell which has been a amazing, but I have severe food aversion that make me feel disgusted by everything 24/7.

Now that I have finally had my first ultrasound, and got to hear my sweet baby's heartbeat, plus see his/her teensy weensy body and get the reassurance that our child was measuring exactly where it needed to be,  I'm feeling very thankful. I am so in love with the little bean inside of me. And I can't wait to see our little Corde Russell be a big brother.

I don't know about you guys, but I love reading about other peoples pregnancies, seeing baby bump pictures, and all of that fun stuff. Plus I love looking back at my old pregnancy posts and comparing them to how I feel now. I hope you guys enjoy the things that I share!

Here is my 4 weeks pregnant vs. now. 10 weeks 4 days today, you guys! This time around my belly popped much sooner than with Russell. I didn't show a bump until about 16 weeks or so, I think.









No comments:

Post a Comment

McKenzie Renae Arnold