Friday, December 19, 2014

Bump Update: 39 Weeks


It's amazing that my pregnancy is finally coming to an end. I feel happy, exhausted, love, excitement, fear and so many other things. I have stretch marks in the most unusual places and my stomach has expanded more than I thought physically possible. My body is just... well, yeah, I'm pregnant. 

Needless to say, delivery is going to leave a mark. 

Pregnancy is one of the most difficult things I've ever experienced but it is by far the most precious thing that has ever happened to me. 

I have done a lot of complaining. There have been many moments when I, for a split second, wished I hadn't gotten pregnant because I hated how unattractive I felt. 

The throwing up, food aversions, the stabbing pains in my lady parts, my goodness...

But now that I'm about to meet my little boy,  I remember why I wanted this in the first place. The beauty of pregnancy outweighs all of the difficult stuff. 

As a woman, I am thankful for the incredible gift of bringing life into this world.  I get to feel my baby's precious little nudges and kicks inside of my belly. And oh my goodness, the hiccups just melt my heart.

So now that I've got my sappy writings out of the way...

On Tuesday I had my appointment and I was slightly over 1 centimeter dilated and 70% effaced. Last week I was not even a full centimeter dilated and only 50% effaced, so I'm pretty happy this week. I went to my appointment without such high expectations this time.

I could essentially go into labor at any point now. My doctor is going to be out of town all next week, but if I'm at least dilated to about 3 next Tuesday, he said I can go ahead and make an appointment to be induced the following week.

With my luck and considering this is my first pregnancy, the chances are high that I sit around 1 or 2 centimeters for possibly weeks. 

It would be nice to have Russell tomorrow though, or even the next day is fine.  I'm so eager to hold him. 

But on the other hand I'd like to be induced soon because I'm impatient! I will try my hardest to wait it out though and let him come on his own. 

Either way, CORDE RUSSELL will be arriving very, very soon.  




What Fruit/Veggie are you? He's a watermelon.
Due date:  December 26, 2014.
How far along: 39 weeks.
Next appointment: Tuesday at 10:30am
Gender:  Boyyy.
Total weight gain/loss: It fluctuates a lot between 25 and 30lbs. 
Exercise: I've been working out almost every day... but I've also been eating a lot of holiday sweets. 
Stretch marks: They have lightened up a lot. 
Swelling: Mostly just my fingers. 
Maternity clothes: I just want to wear my normal clothes again. 
Belly button: Out. It's kind of sensitive too. 
Sleep: Sleeping is really difficult.  
Food cravings: Sugar! Chocolate!! Cookies!
Symptoms: I have been so emotional. If I'm not depressed or crying, I'm probably super happy and cleaning my house like a crazy person. Also, I'm SO HUNGRY ALL THE TIME. My back hurts and I pee every 5 minutes.
Movement: He can't move too much because he's getting too big!
Labor signs: Lots of period-like cramping and back pain. 
What I miss: Mostly just running. I'm dying to run and feel fit. 
What I'm loving:  I'm almost there!
What I'm looking forward to: Getting this child OUT OF ME!
Best moment this week: Getting checked for dilation! I love seeing how much I've progressed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

McKenzie Renae Arnold