Thursday, May 22, 2014

An unexpected change of plans

As the this last semester ended, I was motivated to get fit. I signed Corde and I up for a half-marathon in Huntington Beach, California. We had planned to stay in California for about a week and stop in Vegas for a night or two on the way there. We were so excited for our trip. Within two weeks I had improved my running and was basically living off of veggies. I felt great!

Shortly after, our plans changed when I found out I was pregnant. I'll never forget that night I took a pregnancy test and Corde and I just sat on our couch in total shock.  We were not very happy about it. All I could think about was the fact that our California trip was no longer something we could afford and I would inevitably get fat... the opposite of what I had intended to do.

I have been easing up to the idea of all of this and I am eager to meet my baby. Being a mom is all I have ever really wanted out of life.

I must admit though, I always imagined pregnancy as being easy. I am almost 9 weeks and have been miserable off-and-on since week 4. Imagine being car-sick all day long...yeah it sucks. I've also got more acne and I can basically fall asleep at any time of the day.

I'm due at the very end of December.  Merry Christmas to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

McKenzie Renae Arnold