Wednesday, February 5, 2014

It recently hit me that my life will never slow down, never get easier, and that's pretty scary for me.
I don't know about you, but what has always helped me get through my busy days is to tell myself that at some point life will slow down and i'll get all the things I want to get done, done.

Maybe it's true. Maybe my life will slow down one day. It'll probably slow down when I'm much older and retire. I have a while considering I'm 21.

When I told my mom about my epiphany, she chuckled and said, "I understand." She went on to explain that "the house will never be as clean as you want it to be."



 So while I'm on the subject of life being chaotic, I wanted to share a recipe that I found on theyummylife.com. It's over-night, refrigerator oatmeal. I'm so glad I found this recipe because it's a perfect quick, easy, healthy, on-the-go recipe. I ate it for breakfast every day last week and I don't really even like oatmeal, so that's saying something.

All the recipe calls for is: oatmeal, chia seeds, Greek yogurt, milk.

Fill the jar up about 1/3 full with oatmeal.
Don't add too much oatmeal though because it expands a ton, plus it's very filling.
Next you pour in the milk until the oatmeal is covered, plus more. I like a lot of milk so my oatmeal isn't too sticky.
Then you add a large scoop of yogurt, a TBSP or two of chia seeds, and whatever else you want.
Mix it all up and refrigerate overnight.

So easy!

One thing I would suggest is to get the sweetened Greek yogurt rather than the original. I used a honey flavor. Also bought a little container of mixed nuts/seeds. It had dried cranberries, cashews, almonds, and sunflower kernels. I usually add some cinnamon too.







No comments:

Post a Comment

McKenzie Renae Arnold