Wednesday, January 22, 2014

I'm going to be honest. Today I woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

I couldn't find anything to wear and then I left my favorite scarf in my math class. (hard life, huh?)
I don't know why, but since the moment I opened my eyes this morning I've had a desire to punch someone or something really hard. I've been really ungrateful and unhappy with myself and it seems that in my mind I had magnified every little problem in my life. 

But in the midst of my self loathing and pessimism, I thought about my family.

I remembered my wonderful mom who is struggling with knee problems,
she works so hard each day and is always smiling regardless.
I thought about my dad who has a seemingly incurable skin disease that causes him a lot of suffering every single moment of the day, the doctors have done nothing but provide him with a bunch of useless prescriptions. He never fails to be humble and Christ-like.
On top of that, my parents are already struggling to help my brother who is dealing with addictions. This has really run them down and hurt them.
Then I remembered my other brother, who's had to spend more than a week away from his angel of a wife because she's in Utah with her brother who's in critical condition. He's been in the hospital for a few weeks now. He's in his twenties and recently got married. He's is one of the most gentle and kind people I have ever met.

But it doesn't end there, there are so many people in my life who are struggling with various things. This all helped me to put my problems into perspective. WE ALL STRUGGLE. And half of the things each of us struggle with are things they don't tell anyone.

I plan on going about the rest of my day with a smile on my face knowing that we are ALL struggling with different things, but at least we are all struggling together. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

McKenzie Renae Arnold