Sunday, October 16, 2016

16 Weeks Pregnant

I am exactly 16 weeks pregnant today!

I have been feeling tiny little bumps and wiggles every few days for the passed week or so.

In just a few short weeks, I get to find out the gender of my little one. I'm looking forward to scheduling the appointment this week. I. can't. wait. I am hoping for a girl, but would not be disappointed if we found out I'm having a boy. Corde and I have been tossing around a lot of names that we like, but aren't set on any for a girl or a boy. With Russell we didn't even try to come up with any girl names, because we were so sure we'd have a boy. By now we already knew that his name would be Corde Russell Stevenson.

This time around, time is flying. I am amazed that I'm already 16 weeks pregnant. I can now eat most things and think about food without wanting to throw up. I've been craving avocados, carrots and peanut butter for the last week, and meat is one of the few things that still does not sound appetizing (most of the time). It's very true that pregnancy changes with each child. With Russell, by now I was living off of hot cheetos and slices of lemon. I had some intense cravings for tangy food.  I'm thankful that I'm craving healthy food instead of junk right now. I do feel extremely hungry all of the time, though.

Another thing that makes this pregnancy different than the last is the size of my belly. I don't know if it's because I was skinnier before getting pregnant this time, but I swear my belly popped out the moment I found out I was pregnant. With Russell I started to show during this week! I'm definitely past the point of "starting to show". I'm already pretty huge and I feel a lot of discomfort in my lower abdomen already.


I'm thankful that my Heavenly Father has given me another chance to bring a spirit into this world. Being a mom has given me more purpose and filled my heart with so much more joy than I could have ever imagined.


No comments:

Post a Comment

McKenzie Renae Arnold