Monday, November 11, 2013

I'm up in my hometown for the weekend and so far, I'm having a blast.

Today my mom and I are going to bake cookies and finish my wedding invitations. It will be really great to have that project out of the way. Things are starting to come together and there's only one month left until I'm married! (craziness!) Some ladies from my home ward threw me a wonderful bridal shower yesterday and people I barely even knew came to support me. I felt incredible loved and special. I'm so thankful for the people in my life.

But anyways, in the midst of all the excitement of getting married and planning that, I have been thinking a lot more about where I'm headed with my life..

The truth is that I don't have much of a plan. My only plan right now is Corde. (best plan ever) All I truly want is to be a wife and mother. All my life that's all I have ever wanted and school wasn't something I spent any time thinking about.

Today, as I looked around the congregation at church, I saw so many wonderful people who I have looked up to my entire life. As I looked at all of these people, all I could think of was the experiences I've had with them, the service they've provided for my family, and the love that I have for them. I didn't look at any of them and wonder what they had studied in college or how much their brains were holding because those things don't truly matter.

That's when it really hit me, that whatever I choose is okay. I don't have to go to college right now and I'm not any less of a person if I do or don't. It's okay that all I truly want is to be a wife and mother. I don't need an extremely high-paying job. I will find happiness in whatever I choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

McKenzie Renae Arnold